Social Services - Adult and Elderly
Des Moines Valley Health and Human Services (DVHHS) Social Services - Adult and Elderly unit offers services in a number of areas.
- Adult Mental Health - Case Management and the Community Support Program (CSP) are offered in support of consumers needing assistance with serious and persistent mental illness.
- Individuals with Disabilities or Chronic Illness - DVHHS Human Services offer Case Management to those individuals with developmental disabilities as well as offering home and community based programs and services for those individuals with Brain Injury, and those under 65 years of age that are chronically ill or medically fragile.
- Senior Services - Home and community based programs and services are offered through this area to lower income Jackson and Cottonwood County individuals over the age of 65 that are at risk or require nursing home care.
- MNChoice Assessments - MnCHOICES is a single, comprehensive assessment and support planning web-based application for long-term services and supports in Minnesota. DVHHS Human Services staff are certified to administer the assessment.
- Senior Linkage Line - this is another provider dedicated to the support of Jackson and Cottonwood County elderly. Please click here for more information. Senior LinkAge Line is the Minnesota Board on Aging's free statewide information and assistance service. The Senior LinkAge Line service is provided by six Area Agencies on Aging that cover all 87 counties of Minnesota and helps connect you to local services.
- Vulnerable Adult Investigation and Protection - Des Moines Valley Health and Human Services (DVHHS) receives and screens reports of maltreatment received through the Minnesota Adult Abuse Reporting Center. Services include investigation, as well as protective services and referrals to eligible programs.